High Street Bakery

Monday, January 26, 2015 6:12 pmUnknown

It’s not a surprise that anywhere past the city is a mystery to me, so when I decided to visit a special friend that works in Willoughby, I was way out of my comfort zone. Over an hour’s train ride, I arrived at Chatswood with only the slightest idea of where to go.

Just a bus ride away from Chatwood Westfiled, I was to find a little shop called High Street Bakery. With the bus stop in sight, I didn't have long to wait before the bus arrived.

Bus 273. Stand D.

Now, with the little knowledge I have on North Sydney, I had no idea which stop to get off. Should I risk it and get off here? Or stay on and hope the bus doesn't take me to Wynyard.

Here’s a little diagram to help make sense. (green is where I should have gotten off)


I ended up getting off too early (at the red circle), and had a marvelous time trekking in the blazing heat. I was annoyed and sweaty, but not one person I passed failed to flash me a grin and casually greet me. This level of friendliness isn't common much in the western suburbs.


The atmosphere was comforting, warm, relaxing and homey, as every worker, including the boss, greeted me with a warm smile. I was treated as a special customer and was given a plate of refreshing watermelon slices, a special seat under the air-conditioning and an iced beverage (bonus).


The entire time I was there, there was nothing but the sound of laughter and chatter and the squeak of the door as customers rolled in and out. It was refreshing to see such a good relationship between the workers and their customers, seeing as though everyone that entered brought with them a smile. It was clear that the workers were all so comfortable with each other, and that made working there more enjoyable.

Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to try any of their breads or food (I arrived near closing time), but hopefully next time, I get to fill this large tummy with delicious pastries.     

Restaurant Details
Location: 5-201 High Street, North Willoughby NSW 2068
Phone: (02) 9958 4781

0 comments

Popular Posts

Contact Form