Teddy Goes to the Park

Sunday, March 01, 2015 11:30 pmUnknown

Two weeks after Teddy's second vaccination and micro-chipping, the vet finally gave the okay to let him leave the house. So that day, the first thing I did when I got home from work was put on his collar and walked off with the leash in my hand. To my disappointment, he ended up sitting on the ground, resisting his leash, and waited for me to pick him up. 

Pampered and lazy
Since he didn't know how to walk with his collar, I took it off and put him on the ground, and again I thought he would follow me, but no, he just stood there as I walked backwards away. So naturally, my mum picked him up and carried him, like the baby he is, all the way to the park.  

What are you doing Teddy
'Where am I'
You can't imagine how happy I was for Teddy to finally properly interact with other dogs. The few times we stopped and talked about dogs with other dog owners, Teddy would climb as high as he could in my arms when I crouched down to let him meet other pets. 

As I expected, he just sat there again, letting the other dogs sniff him and analyse him by walking in circles - they even touched noses (and I died from the cuteness). For those who don't know how big he is, he's about the size of a football, so other dogs are at least twice his size on average, so I was very happy that he didn't run away or bark. 

'Who are these people'
When he saw the grass he ran so insanely fast that his ears (that are usually up) and all his fur went flat - he looked like a fluffy bullet. It was so funny to watch him run away from my dad because he likes to run really fast and in all directions so my dad can't catch him, but it was even funnier this time because his ears were down and his tongue was out and he just looked so silly and he was so excited. 

'I'm coming I'm coming I'm coming I'm coming'
Teddy's a very curious puppy, so the moment he walked on to the grass, he frantically ran circles around me, stopping at everything that wasn't grass - leaves, bottle caps, paper, sticks, mushrooms - and tried to eat it. The whole time I was basically shouting "no Teddy don't eat that" or chasing after him to get random things out of his mouth. 

Just ... what
'Gimmie the treat'
By the end of the afternoon he'd run at least three laps around the whole park. When I picked him up to take him home, he was still so excited that I could hear him panting and his tongue was out and he was smiling. Definitely can't wait until the day I can take him to the beach so I can teach him how to swim, but for now he has the park, and I'm extremely happy that he loves it. 

*Existential puppy crisis*

0 comments

Popular Posts

Contact Form